A report from 2020 found that nearly 30% of vacationing adults worldwide (18% of Americans) want to include something cannabis-related in their travel plans. Experiences include trying cannabis-infused foods, sampling products in a safe environment, and visiting local dispensaries.
Are you looking for a unique way to attract new customers and boost your sales? Here’s what you need to know about capturing the weed tourism market.
Why Weed Tourism Sales?
Weed tourism has a lot to offer California marijuana shops, including:
- Attract more customers. Making your shop a tourist destination could offer an opportunity to attract even more customers.
- Generate more sales. If tourists enjoy the experience in your shop, they’re much more likely to purchase and try the products you offer.
- Increase your word-of-mouth advertising. Satisfied visitors are more likely to tell the people they know about you.
Tips and Strategies for Capturing Weed Tourism and “Visitor Marketing”
Wondering how to get started with capturing weed tourism sales? Here are a few tips and strategies to help get you up and running:
1. Check Your Google My Business (GMB) Listing
Your Google My Business listing is essentially your listing in Google’s directory. It appears when potential customers (weed tourists) search for nearby shops or places with the types of products or services you offer. It provides valuable information, including your address, shop hours, pictures, and reviews.
It’s everything potential customers need to determine if they want to visit your shop. Make sure your information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete.
2. Make Sure Your Local SEO Is Up to Snuff
Optimize your GMB listing and your website for local searches. Incorporating local keywords will make it easier for prospective visitors to find you online and learn more about you before they visit you in-store.
3. Create Value-Adding Localized Content
Write informative blog posts and incorporate local keywords. Blog topics to consider include:
- What to expect when visiting your shop
- A more in-depth look at the products you offer
- Ways tourists can enjoy your products
4. Research Your Target Audience for Advertising Purposes
Determining your target market is a vital component of marketing. Focusing your efforts can help you reach your desired audience more effectively. With Bespoke Financial’s cannabis financing solutions, you can invest in your marketing efforts to get more out of them.
5. Focus On the Experience You Can Provide
Getting cannabis tourists through your shop’s doors is only one part of the equation. To really wow them and make them want to come back (and tell their friends about you), you need to pay special attention to the experience you provide.
6. Consider Influencer Marketing
Consider reaching out to cannabis influencers, such as cannabis travel/tourism influencers, and asking them to create content (a blog or social media post) about their experience with your shop. A seal of approval from an influencer can go a long way with their followers.
Get Your California Marijuana Shop In On Weed Tourism
If you’re looking for a unique way to expand your customer base and increase sales, tapping into the cannabis tourism market may be just the thing. Strategic marketing and exceptional experiences could help your shop become a place people from all over the globe add to their travel itineraries.