When setting up your cannabis business, you’re probably wondering how you can spread the word about your business, win clients, network, and grow sales.
This is where cannabis business cards come into the picture.
Imagine this scenario: You’re attending a cannabis trade fair, and a potential client who seems interested in your product asks for your contact number. You don’t want to scramble around in your pockets for a pen and paper — or worse, ask the client to enter your number in their phone. It makes you look ill-prepared and unprofessional.
A professionally designed cannabis business card is a great way to make an excellent first impression on potential clients. It helps you establish credibility, share your contact details, and build brand awareness while leaving a lasting mark and making people want to do business with you.
If you’re worried that business cards might feel too old-school, rest assured they are not. Even in today’s world of smartphones and tablets, an average of 27 million business cards are printed daily, and businesses report an increase in sales by 2.5% for every 2000 business cards they hand out. That’s a pretty impressive ROI for a stack of cards that costs less than $20 to print.
When done right, a cannabis business card is a powerful branding tool that helps people quickly remember you and what you have to offer, winning you conversions.
Cannabis Business Cards Do’s & Don’ts
Here are a few business card do’s & don’ts:
- Do keep it consistent with the rest of your branding. Use the same colors and fonts that you use in your other marketing materials like flyers, brochures, and online ads and posts. This helps establish a distinct identity for your business, making it instantly recognizable.
- Do keep it simple. You don’t have to fill up every inch of available space with text or print. A clumsy, cluttered layout overloaded with too much information is a big NO. Choose simple professional fonts that are easy to read.
- Do include multiple ways to contact you. Ideally, your business card should include your business name, your name, your role in the company, phone number, and address. You can also have a QR code at the back that directs customers directly to your website or social media pages.
- Don’t hand out outdated or crumpled cards. There’s nothing worse than handing out an old, crumpled card that’s been lying at the bottom of your bag for months. Your card’s appearance is how potential clients perceive your business. Store cards in a cardholder so your cards remain crisp and wrinkle-free. Another huge faux pas is handing out cards with old numbers or wrong contact information. If your contact details change, get a new batch printed with the correct information.
- Don’t leave home without a business card. You never know when a casual encounter will turn into a business opportunity. Keep a stack of cards with you always.
- Don’t get the timing wrong. Getting the timing right is an art, and it takes some practice. You don’t want to appear too pushy by offering the card as soon as you meet someone. Work on establishing a rapport before sharing the card. Always get permission by asking, “May I share my business card with you so you can get back to me later?” This shows your professionalism and authenticity.
How and Where To Distribute Cannabis Business Cards
Ideally, you should leave your business cards at places likely to be visited by your target audience. This could include coffee shops, groceries, gas stations, restaurants, bowling alleys, fitness clubs, gyms, spas, waiting rooms, and so on. Ask the store manager if you can display a fishbowl with your cards. If the store owner permits, leave your cards with a sign like, “It’s Free, Take One.” Trade fairs, industry conferences, and other networking events are excellent opportunities to distribute your cards and reach out to audiences who might not otherwise know about your brand.
While the cannabis industry is fast-growing, it’s still in its nascent stages. If you find yourself in need of funding to start and grow your business, Bespoke Financial is here to help. With several lending products tailored for cannabis businesses, you can quickly avail the financing to grow and scale your business. Apply for a cannabis business loan today and take your business to the next level.