Senior Data Engineer
You’ll make data and data products accessible to Bespoke Financial:
- For customer and internal Operations use cases
- For internal data scientists, which will also include data tooling for them
- Be the “go-to person” for all things related to data engineering.
- Design and build user-friendly data platforms upon which data scientists can easily test and deploy models to production.
- Build and maintain robust, observable data pipelines.
- Guarantee timeliness, reliability, and correctness of large amounts of data.
- Scope, design, and build tools for internal users to increase their efficiency ten-fold.
- Design and implement customer facing data services and products from end to end.
- Collaborate closely with analysts and data scientists to deeply understand business problems and data needs and then be a guiding voice in architecting solutions.
- Maintain a strong data-driven culture within the company by interacting with diverse internal functions.
- 3+ years experience in software engineering, 1+ years specifically with data engineering.
- Strong communication skills and previous experience working with cross-functional business groups.
- Experience with data pipelines and data warehousing, such as Google BigQuery,
- Amazon Redshift, or Snowflake.
- Proficiency in capture and maintenance of data in SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Proficiency in fast-paced software engineering on an engineer team, following software engineering development cycles.
- Experience working with Python.
- Strong sense of agency and self-initiative / intrinsic motivation to push projects forward.
- Innate sense of curiosity to discover business opportunities powered by data.
- Process-oriented, detail-oriented, and analytically-oriented mindset.
- Natural enjoyment from solving complex problems with a methodical approach.